Seven has just won week three on the new year, after winning week one and tying with Nine in week two.
In a release just before the start of the Australian Open on Nine. Seven pointed out:
• Seven Network is the Number One Network in primetime for total individuals and all key demographics (P25-54, P16-39, P18-49, Grocery Shoppers)
• Seven Network is the Number One Network in daytime for total individuals and all key demographics (P25-54, P16-39, P18-49, Grocery Shoppers)
• 7NEWS is Number One with its highest summer share in over 10 years and biggest ever summer margin over 9News
• Sunrise is Number One with its highest ever summer share and biggest ever summer margin over Today
• Seven’s Test Cricket up +13% year on year
• Seven’s Big Bash League Cricket continues to reach more Australians than any other summer sport
Seven director of programming Angus Ross said “We are delighted with Seven’s comprehensive victory for the summer to date, across the whole day and in all key demographics. We are looking forward to February when our leading platform of news and sport is joined by more bricks in the wall, including Rebel Wilson’s Pooch Perfect and MKR: The Rivals.”
Nine didn’t have many programming highlights, but it did have a good midweek audience and raised $4.8m for fire relief with its Rally For Relief with 527,000 watching.
While Seven is claiming summer leadership, Network 10 continues to have the #1 summer series with I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here! The broadcaster’s decision to start it a week earlier this year sees the ratings up 17% YOY so far.
The five episodes screened last week were the most-watched non-news shows. Celebrity is also the #1 show on BVOD so far in 2020.