Australian technology company Unbnd announced the launch of its new NBA extended reality mobile application, Missing in Action (MIA). This app allows NBA fans to stream live NBA games, access NBA TV, and a range of other NBA content on the first-of-its-kind immersive mobile platform.
MIA is available for download on Android and iOS across Australia and Singapore for $6.95 per month, with a 14-day trial available to new users.
Through mixed reality, MIA creates new opportunities for brands to engage with users as they move from passive viewing to actively interacting with content.
Live NBA content set in an innovative, interactive environment allows users to take control of what content they wish to see including comprehensive player stats and modular controls inside a singular window.
“I couldn’t be more excited to showcase the possibilities for brands when they use immersive technology to capture and engage with audiences,” said Antony Arena, CEO and Founder of Unbnd. “What we have achieved with the NBA – from streaming games with access to stats, as well as a roadmap to add other functions including merchandise, fantasy, and social – means users can take control of their content consumption, and get more into the game than ever before.”
Currently, available features include:
• NBA TV – Broadcasting round the clock coverage of the NBA 24/7, including live games, panel discussions, lifestyle shows and replays
• Live NBA – Access to six LIVE NBA games per week
• In-Game Theatre Mode – Users can double-tap any stream to explore the augmented reality features beyond the game to access stats, analytics and league tables
• Modular control – Users can personalise and control their screen to access the information they want during a game
• Team, player and league tables & statistics – Take second screen viewing to the next level as you get access to all the team data and statistics you need in one viewing experience
The subscription price is $6.95 per month, with a 14-day trial available to new users.