• Google, Advertiser Sunday Mail Foundation, ABC complaints, Peter FitzSimons & Stan Grant, The Australian makes editorial changes, Today show and 2021...
• Plus more on the proposed Media Code, privatising ABC, AAP reopens regional bureaus, Alan Jones forced correction, George Pell articles and...
• The reborn AAP will become NewsProtect’s first customer
• Screenrights, TikTok, oOh!media, SBS, FriendlyJordies, New York Post, Kennedy awards, Alan Kohler, Netflix, Supercars, and Derby Day
News Corp, Neil Mitchell, BBC Australia, David Mott, South Australia, Netflix, Seven, Cricket Australia, Craig Hutchison, and Brownlow Medal
News Xtend, Fetch TV, Angelos Frangopoulos, Spotify Australia, Bubble Bath Bay, Claudia Karvan, AFL Footy Show, and Rugby Union
• The funding comes from the Public Interest News Gathering (PING) program
ASIO bans Chinese ‘agents’, AAP, 10 News, The Adelaide Review, Keeping Up with the Kardashians, Drunk History and Supercars
• Jarrod Walsh, Craig Hutchison, and the Big Bash League
“The more support we receive from Australians, the more stories about Australians we can cover."
• Also Emma Cowdroy, Bruce Davidson, Clive Marshall and Brian McCarthy
• Google, Facebook, oOh!media, triple j, Brad Blanks, Triple M, 4BC, National Geographic Kids, Matt Preston, Karl Stefanovic and Netflix
Subscribe to the Mediaweek Morning Report with the form below.
The Great British Bake Off to return to Foxtel Tuesday March 23
TV Demand: My Hero Academia enters top ten after season 5 announced
Michael Gudinski dies: Remembering the godfather of Australian rock n’ roll
TV Ratings February 1: MAFS posts best entertainment rating of the year with 1m+
Weekly listeners for DAB+ radio stations climb to 2.35 million
HT&E’s Ciaran Davis: ARN recovery, iHeartPodcast strategy and revenues