• Home & Away, Hollywood, The Guardian, CNN, AFL Grand Final and Cox Plate
• Broadcasters avoid licence fees, but Nine calls for long-term solutions
• ‘We will emerge from this a stronger and more competitive company’
• Where $100m cost savings come from, 2GB we have a problem
• Nine boss thinks industry can work without content quotas
• Anticipated December quarter recovery gone after recent performance
• Marks will be travelling to the radio stations with Nine’s new head of radio, Tom Malone.
• Stan ready for Disney+, does Nine need new shows? + BVOD growth
Plus the 20-year-old Aussie drama still making money for Nine
• This morning we updated the market on our results for the first half of the 2018-19 financial year.
• Our three placegetters did good work during 2018
• Nine led by Hugh Marks is now tasked with navigating the new landscape.
Entries open for 2020 Walkleys: Awards gala in Tamworth Nov 20
ACMA fines retailer $1m penalty for breaching spamming laws
Nine’s Domain magazines returning as market shows signs of recovery
TV Ratings May 1: Seven gets midweek win with AGT and Front Bar
Stellar and Body+Soul brands continue after pairing in new magazine
Survey: Media agencies expecting spend from clients to return in September