• Better Homes and Gardens is #1: Australia’s most read magazine
Pacific Magazines, the publishing arm of Seven West Media, has released the following statement regarding it publishing portfolio:
Pacific Magazines occupies three of the top five highest reaching magazine brands in the country, with Better Homes and Gardens (#1), New Idea (#4) and that’s life! (#5). In the largest revenue category of women’s weeklies, Pacific Magazines holds two of the top three weekly magazines positions (New Idea and that’s life!) – with Pacific’s three weekly women’s magazines (New Idea, that’s life and Who) generating an average of $100m in consumer revenue annually.
Peter Zavecz, CEO, Pacific Magazines, comments: “We are continuing to outperform the market and strengthen our competitive position with a powerful portfolio of brands and robust total audience growth.
“Our magazines brands are leaders in the consumer markets that Australians care most about – and that matter most to our commercial partners.
“Our business model is positioned for future growth, with an impressive multi-platform footprint, major new online plays, partnerships with some of the world’s best media players and growing new revenue streams.”
Performance highlights for Pacific include:
• Pacific continues to outperform its rivals – with the largest per title share of any major publisher
• New Idea soars – delivering an incredible 4.7 million multiplatform consumer contacts per month across print, digital and social
• Better Homes and Gardens is #1 – Better Homes and Gardens’ reign as Australia’s leading integrated media product continues, with 2.16 million readers every month, a growing live events business, impressive revenue from its new e-commerce site, new app and leading TV show.
• Girlfriend is the #1 teen brand – Girlfriend continues to outpace its competitors as the country’s leading teen brand with a total monthly brand impressions of more than 2.6 million. Over the last 8 months, the teen destination has been consistently been ranking in the top 5 magazine websites* (up from 31st place this time last year).
• Pacific is #1 in key magazine categories including Home and Lifestyle, Fashion, Men’s Lifestyle, Teens, Bridal and Parenting.
• Pacific publishes three of the top five magazine brands in the country – with New Idea, Better Homes and Gardens and that’s life!
• Pacific holds 5 of the top 10 largest Facebook communities Australia in the News and Media category ( #2 Men’s Health, #3 Girlfriend, #4 Bride To Be, #5 Practical Parenting and #7 New Idea).
This week Pacific launched high visual impact, mobile first, new digital products for marie claire and Who. By the end of June, the company will have brought to market 12 brand new, leading online destinations – with two websites launching virtually every week over the next six weeks.
Gereurd Roberts, commercial director, Pacific Magazines, comments: “Our strategic mission is to own every single content genre we operate in and, in doing so, build the country’s deepest and most valuable data sets.
“With continued total audience growth, a stable of new brands and major new online plays set to come this year, our business model is rapidly evolving – and, in doing so, driving value for our audiences and innovation for our commercial partners.”
New business activities for Pacific Magazines over the last 12 months include:
• Allrecipes – In April, Pacific announced a partnership with the world’s number one digital food brand. With 19 sites in 24 countries in 13 languages, Allrecipes is a global community of home cooks sharing everyday food experiences through social media
• BEAUTYcrew – is an Australian first: a single online hub where women who love beauty can learn, try, review and buy. The launch is supported by partners including L’Oréal, Coty, Estée Lauder, Unilever and Parfums Christian Dior. Ten of Australia’s favourite mastheads provide content and unparalleled authority and expertise, including marie claire, InStyle, Women’s Health, Better Homes and Gardens, New Idea and Girlfriend.
• StyledBy marie claire – a new online destination which combines curated fashion content and a unique personal styling experience with an e-commerce platform. A global first for marie claire. mywedding – A perfect marriage of two powerful wedding publishers – Meredith (USA) and Pacific. The collaboration sees the most dominant force in the US partner with Australia’s leading wedding brand – Bride to Be – to create the most compelling and wide-reaching platform in the Australian wedding media space to date.
• FAMOUSLive – FAMOUS’ new digital platform launched with a new visual identity and a leading line-up of great new tech – including 360 fly video and 7Live streaming. Since launch, FAMOUSlive has averaged 21,288 daily Unique Browsers, almost double the traffic generated by the website during Q1-CY16*.
• The Parcel – Following the success of The Parcel by marie claire, Better Homes and Gardens, InStyle, Men’s Health, Practical Parenting, and Girlfriend now have Parcel offerings, in addition to a partnership with Hoyts with the Hoyts Girls Night Out Parcel. Over 100,000 Parcel units have now been sold.
emmaTM conducted by Ipsos MediaCT, people 14+ for the 12 months ending March 2016, The Online Circle Digital, Facebook Performance Report, 1 January- 31 March 2016; Ranking based on number of Fans as at 31 March 2016
Consumer contacts based on: Nielsen DRM March 2016; Google Analytics March 2016. Social media stats updated as at 12 May 2016. emmaTM readership December 2015
*Nielsen Market Intelligence (Domestic), as at 12/5/2016
**Nielsen Market Intelligence (Domestic), Ranking report (MI only categories – Magazines), from 1/11/2015 to 12/5/2016.