Vogue Australia editorial director Edwina McCann has announced key partnerships and program of events for the fifth annual VOGUE CODES.
From 28 October through to 26 November, Vogue Australia will present VOGUE CODES 2020 as a reimagined virtual series of free events featuring an impressive line-up of local and international speakers to inspire women to be creators of the digital future and encourage female innovation.
Edwina McCann said: “VOGUE CODES is our crusade to see women empowered by technology. We are excited by the opportunity to present the VOGUE CODES event series fully online this year, and we’re making it free to register.
“Our VOGUE CODES webinar series earlier this year was incredibly well received. It gave us a fantastic opportunity to play in the virtual world and take the campaign across geographic borders and audiences ahead of launching this year’s program of events.
“2020 has highlighted the importance of connectivity, community and of bridging the gaps between us. Now, more than ever, we believe women must embrace the technology powering our society to ensure we play a role in shaping the future we all want to see, and 2020 has given us a unique opportunity to extend this message further.
“We’re delighted to have Westpac return as presenting partner for VOGUE CODES 2020 along with our supporting partners Audi and Estee Lauder, and welcome Barbie and Optus who have come on board this year. Together, we are all committed to making this a highly successful campaign which really makes a difference.”
Speakers participating in this year’s events include:
• Debbie Wosskow OBE, co-founder and chairperson of AllBright, is recognised as one of the most prominent serial entrepreneurs in the UK, known for successfully launching and scaling businesses in the areas of digital disruption, the sharing economy and female empowerment.
• Julia Hartz, co-founder and CEO of Eventbrite, a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of nearly one million event creators.
• Derek Blasberg joined YouTube in 2018 as head of fashion and beauty, a newly created role. A New York Times best-selling author, his first job was as an assistant at Vogue, and in his career he has been the editor-at-large of Harper’s Bazaar and Vanity Fair’s Man on the Street.
• Fanny Moizant, president and co-founder of Vestiaire Collective, the leading global platform for desirable pre-owned fashion.
• Sandra Capponi, co-founder of Good On You, a world-leading source of trusted brand ratings and expertise on sustainable fashion. Good On You empowers shoppers, retailers and influencers to know the impact of brands and make better choices.
• Stephanie Hannon, currently working with Google on the Exposure Notification System, a joint Covid-19 contact tracing platform with Apple. She was previously a volunteer with the US Digital Response group providing tech support to the US government; and former CTO, Hillary for America.
• Aubrey Blanche, director of equitable design & impact at Culture Amp, an employee feedback and analytics platform aimed at managing and developing people and culture within organisations.
• Tip Piumsomboon, principal of Blackbird Ventures, a top venture capital firm seeding the likes of Canva, Zoox and Culture Amp. Blackbird has invested in over 70 companies in a range of industries and typically leads Seed and Series A rounds with follow-on investments.
• Manuri Gunawardena, CEO and founder of HealthMatch, a patient-facing clinical trial recruitment platform. Recognised as the Healthcare honouree in the Forbes ‘30 Under 30 Asia’ list for her innovative approach to empowering patients through digital healthcare.
Vogue Australia’s global first VOGUE CODES initiative was established in 2016 in answer to a gender imbalance in the technology industry with the aim of inspiring more women to pursue careers in tech-related industries.
All events will stream live online with select sessions made available for on-demand replay. For more information on VOGUE CODES 2020 visit vogue.com.au/vogue-codes.
VOGUE CODES 2020 – Program of Events
VOGUE CODES LIVE – 5 November
VOGUE CODES Live creates a platform for young women starting out in their careers to engage and be inspired by leading entrepreneurs. Vogue Australia, together with some of the most influential names in technology, fashion and business, has created a series of talks designed to motivate women to navigate the digital landscape in new and innovative ways. VOGUE CODES Live presents a series of forward thinking Q&A’s, keynotes and in conversation sessions packed with practical tips from international and Australian speakers. Engage with digital innovators and inspiring entrepreneurs who are influencing the technology landscape globally to spark new ideas and empower future female innovation.
VOGUE CODES KIDS – 7 November
Join VOGUE CODES Kids and Code Camp for a fun, engaging and educational virtual workshop just for kids aged 7-12. Each of the five one-hour sessions will include a live workshop for kids to create and develop their own online game.
VOGUE CODES SUMMIT – 10 & 11 November
The fifth annual VOGUE CODES Summit will go virtual for 2020 and take place over two days. Technology touches more roles and careers than ever before and continues to open up new areas of opportunity. The 2020 VOGUE CODES Summit will explore technology as a force for good, how to create a culture of inclusion, and career-defining moments from top Australian business women. Hear from international and Australian speakers who are driving change in the technology industry and discover how to scale your business from founders of successful start-up companies. Melissa Doyle, journalist, author, TV presenter and radio host will MC the Summit.
VOGUE CODES IN CONVERSATION BREAKFAST SERIES PRESENTED BY AUDI
The VOGUE CODES In Conversation Breakfast events presented by Audi Australia will recognise women who drive progress in their fields. The live Q&A events with special guests will all feature an opportunity for guests to engage with speakers and connect over breakfast.
Sydney – 28 October: Hosted by Audi Ambassador, Sandra Sully in conversation with author and entrepreneur Jodie Fox
Gold Coast – 29 October: Hosted by Audi Ambassador, Stephanie Gilmore in conversation with Outland Denim’s Erica Bartle
Melbourne – 25 November: Hosted by Audi Ambassador, Lisa Wilkinson in conversation with Bridget Loudon from Expert360
Adelaide – 26 November: Hosted by Audi Ambassador, Melissa Doyle in conversation with Flavia Tata Nardini from Fleet Space Technologies
Top Photo: Edwina McCann with Melissa Doyle at Vogue Codes 2019