• TV Week announces the nominees for the 2016 TV Week Logie Awards Most Outstanding, Newcomer Award and The Graham Kennedy Breakthrough Star Of Tomorrow Award
In 2016, the TV Week Logie Awards will continue to shine a spotlight on the bright new stars who have wowed audiences in some of Australia’s best-rating drama series.
“It’s with great excitement that we announce the amazing nominees for the three new categories we have introduced to the TV Week Logie Awards this year,” TV Week editor Emma Nolan says.
“With all of them starring in some of the most magnificent television Australia has produced for some time, the Most Outstanding Newcomer Award will be hotly contested,” Nolan says. “We’re thrilled that TV Week has the opportunity to honour these bright young stars as they start their careers in television. No doubt we will be honouring them all again in many years to come!”
Supporting the next generation of Australian television stars, Ashleigh Brewer (The Bold And The Beautiful) and Damon Herriman (Flesh And Bone) have joined forces in 2016 as TV Week’s industry judges of The Graham Kennedy Breakthrough Star Of Tomorrow Award.
“Benson Jack Anthony is such an impressive young actor and definitely one to watch out for,” Brewer says. “He did a great job in making Arlo shine as the wise younger brother in 800 Words.”
Of Ky Baldwin, Herriman says: “Ky is an amazing talent. He has that rare quality of true screen presence. In only a few minutes of watching him, his talent leaps off the screen.”
And of Olivia DeJonge, Herriman says: “You feel a real honesty in Olivia’s performance. Plus, she has such an incredible emotional range. She has a huge future.”
The Graham Kennedy Breakthrough Star Of Tomorrow Award is in honour of iconic funnyman Graham Kennedy. The award recognises an actor or actress aged 18 years or younger who had their first major role in any Australian production in 2015.
The winners will be announced at the 2016 TV Week Logie Awards Nominations Event on Sunday, April 3, 2016.
The 58th TV Week Logie Awards 2016 will take place at Crown Entertainment Complex’s Palladium Room in Melbourne on Sunday, May 8, 2016.
It will be broadcast on the Nine Network.
The nominees for the three new categories in 2016 are:
Most Outstanding Newcomer – Actor
• Joel Jackson (Charles Bean, Deadline Gallipoli, Foxtel- Showcase)
• Joel Jackson (Peter Allen, Peter Allen: Not The Boy Next Door, Channel Seven)
• Rahel Romahn (Tarek Ahmad, The Principal, SBS)
Most Outstanding Newcomer – Actress
• Hannah Monson (Kirstie Darrow, Glitch, ABC)
• Melina Vidler (Shay Turner, 800 Words, Channel Seven)
• Sara West (Liza Minnelli, Peter Allen: Not The Boy Next Door, Channel Seven)
The Graham Kennedy Breakthrough Star Of Tomorrow
• Benson Jack Anthony (Arlo Turner, 800 Words, Channel Seven)
• Ky Baldwin (Young Peter Allen, Peter Allen: Not The Boy Next Door, Channel Seven)
• Olivia DeJonge (Shaneen Quigg/Tara Swift, Hiding, ABC)
Source: TV Week/Bauer Media