In what Network Ten is promising will be a Survivor season like no other, 12 Australians will go into battle with 12 achievers from different backgrounds when Australian Survivor: Champions Versus Contenders premieres at 7.30pm on Wednesday 1 August on TEN and WIN Network.
Isolated in the tropical region of Savusavu for up to 50 days, the two tribes will face off against each other in challenges of strength, endurance and wit in an effort to become the Sole Survivor.
The Champions, people who have achieved excellence in their fields, will be applying their steel determination to a whole new game while The Contenders, the ultimate underdogs, will be using their strengths and knowledge of the game to take the big guys down.
Adding a solid string to the bow of the Champions is veteran Survivor competitor Russell Hantz. Known as one of the greatest villains in the game, Hantz is keen to show the Aussies how it’s done.
On joining Australian Survivor, Russell said: “I have no choice in this. I have to win. I have to prove to everyone that I can do it and I have to prove to myself that I am as good as people say I am.”
The full list of Castaways for Australian Survivor this year:
• Brian, 36 VIC: Former AFL Legend
• Damien, 36 NSW: Ex-Special Forces Commando
• Jackie, 44 VIC: World Series Poker Player
• Lydia, 36 VIC: Olympic Freestyle Skier
• Mat, 42 QLD: Dual Code Football Legend
• Moana, 30 VIC: Women’s AFL Player
• Monika, 27 NSW: Miss Universe Australia 2015
• Russell, 45, USA: Survivor USA Player
• Samuel, 26, QLD: Astrophysicist.
• Shane, 61, TAS: Olympic Swimming Legend
• Sharn, 41, VIC: Criminal Barrister
• Steve, 41, NSW: Fitness Specialist
• Anita, 50 QLD: Sales Rep
• Benji, 26 VIC: Entrepreneur
• Fenella, 33 VIC: Interior Designer
• Heath, 33 QLD: Builder
• Jenna, 28 WA: FIFO Worker
• Matt, 35 QLD: Traffic Police Officer
• Paige, 24 SA: Marketing Coordinator
• Robbie, 26 SA: Construction Manager
• Shonee, 26 QLD: Pro Skater’s Wife
• Steve, 58 NSW: Takeaway Delivery Rider
• Tegan, 32, WA: Management Consultant
• Zach, 39, WA: Personal Trainer