Fairfax Media reaches 13m+ Australians for fifth consecutive month
After setting record 2016 emma readership numbers, Fairfax Media’s Australian Publishing Media managing director, Allen Williams, said:
“This is the fifth consecutive month that Fairfax Media has achieved a cross-platform audience reach of more than 13 million, or 73%, of Australians.
“The news agenda and the depth of journalism we offer is driving growth for our mastheads, with global and local events, including the US Presidential campaign and the devastating Italian earthquake and, closer to home, ongoing political machinations and terror threats, resulting in strong reader engagement. This underlines the trust and value our audiences place in our mastheads.
“Australia’s number one news destination, The Sydney Morning Herald, recorded its highest readership for this year, reaching 6.4 million people across print and digital in July, strengthening its leadership position to 1.8 million, or 40%, more people than its nearest competitor.
“The Age also achieved its highest cross-platform readership this year, reaching 3.6 million people across platforms, which is up 11%.”
emma highlights for July 2016 – Total Monthly Reach:
• 13.28m across print and digital: fifth consecutive month reaching more than 13m+ people
• 11.4m via desktop/laptop, smartphone and tablet (reaching 63% of Australians age 14+)
• 6.2m across print
• 4.1m read metro or national newspapers
• 3.0m read regional or community titles
The Sydney Morning Herald
• Highest readership for 2016, reaching 6.4m people age 14+ across print and digital
• Australia’s #1 national masthead: reaching 1.8m, or 40%, more people than its nearest competitor
• 5.2m read smh.com.au on desktop/laptop, smartphone and tablet
• 2.1m read the SMH in print
• Highest readership for 2016 with a cross-platform audience of 3.6m people across print and digital
• 2.8m across theage.com.au on desktop/laptop, smartphone and tablet.
• 1.5m read The Age in print
The Australian Financial Review
• Cross-platform audience of 1.67m people across print and digital, up by 1% month on month
• 834,000 read afr.com on desktop/laptop, smartphone and tablet, up 5% month on month
• 942,000 read the Financial Review in print.
The Canberra Times
• Cross-platform audience of 708,000 people across print and digital.
• 573,000 read canberratimes.com.au on desktop/laptop, smartphone and tablet.
• 206,000 read The Canberra Times in print, up 1% month on month
Fairfax Media’s Community, Regional and Rural Titles
• 4.4m readership across print and digital platforms
• 2.0m across desktop/laptop, smartphone and tablet
• 3.0m across print