Big year of news sees time online soar
• This pushes the digital audience for the Nine-owned Sydney Morning Herald over 10m for the first time
Australians spent a total of 40 million hours reading news online in October.
• ABC News Websites retained top rank for the fourth consecutive month.
• Nielsen March DCR: All publishers experience growth, seven over 11m
• News consumption has understandably changed over the last few weeks,
• News.com.au finds itself in unfamiliar territory after it was shifted to second place
• All publishers in the top 10 saw their audiences decline
Nielsen's weekly DCR data for the week ending February 10.
The total time audiences spent engaging with news content saw a 10% lift in January.
• News media across all platforms are read by 17.5 million Australians
• The News Corp Australia digital brand had just over a 1.5m daily unique audience in that period.
Subscribe to the Mediaweek Morning Report with the form below.
10th AACTA International Awards: Major wins for Promising Young Woman
Weekend TV ratings Friday March 5, 2021
Ultimate Tag: Meet the pro taggers on Seven’s newest show
Ultimate Tag: Everything you need to know about Seven’s new show
Chris Warren and Simon Hill to host new evening shows on 1170 SEN
ARN announces next version of its neuroscience-backed Dynamic Audio