• Disney’s Avengers Endgame was the highest grossing film of 2019
• They competed with 694 foreign films released in Australia that earned $1.09 billion.
• The follow up to 2003's Bad Boys II made $5.74m
• 1917 had a massive average per screen of $18,625 on 257 screens
• The Gentlemen is the highest new release at #3
• Despite a very strong second week total of $8.32m Star Wars has been bumped off #1
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker had the seventh-best opening weekend in Australian history
• Overall the Australian box office made $9.80m declining 17%.
• Not even the release of another family-friendly animation in The Addams Family could slow Frozen down
• The biggest opening weekend in nine weeks
• Overall, the Australian box office declined 26% on the previous weekends total making $7.28m.
• The new entries gave the Australian box office a boost of 4%
Mediaweek Industry Awards: CEO of the Year
News.com.au launches new weekday podcast series From the Newsroom
JCDecaux strengthens executive leadership team with Andrew Walls
Mediaweek roundup: The Voice, Bauer, Sophie Monk + more
TV ratings Sunday, January 26
ARIA Chart Report: Two new #1s – The Weeknd and Eminem