It’s been a huge week for media, with the ASTRA conference driving a lot of industry discussion. On this weeks Seven Days podcast, Mediaweek editor James Manning, deputy editor Dan Barrett, and digital editor Kruti Joshi offer a deep dive on the conference, while also offering their thoughts on the other big media news of the week.
- Emma Freedman set to join Triple M’s The Grill Team. Mike Fitzpatrick, wouldn’t confirm Freedman’s more permanent appointment in the coming weeks, merely saying he hoped she’d continue to fill in “when one of the boys is off”
- Media Watch: Made better with the inclusion of some Mediaweek
- Stan announce original productions. Subscriber metrics.
- Crowded House to be inducted into ARIA Hall of Fame (Nov 23)
- Richard Neville passes
- The Wiggles global distribution deal
- The day ahead of the ASTRA conference and specifically the Women in TV Breakfast, ASTRA report that women are better represented in Sub TV than the national industry average.
- ASTRA report $893 was invested into local TV production
- Foxtel’s Peter Tonagh announces: Renewed long-term HBO deal, new Foxtel Play offer, iQ3 firmware patch, new hardware – iQ3.5 and digital service puck
- Channel of the year: Fox Sports
- Best panel of the day(?): the LifeStyle luncheon ‘I Own Australia’s Best Home’, chaired by James Manning
- Dr Michael Mosley address cut short
- Launch of Think TV
- Sky News panel