The TV WEEK Logie Awards have confirmed to Mediaweek that Sam Pang will not return as host of this year’s ceremony, ending a three-year run as master of ceremonies for Australian television’s night of nights.
The move comes after Pang told The Sydney Morning Herald he had been approached by Seven Network to return for the 2026 awards ceremony on Sunday, August 16, but decided to step away from the role.
“I’ve had three great years, and it was wonderful, but I’m just not going to do it this year,” Pang told the publication.
He continued: “It was very amicable. I’m well aware I may never do it again, and whoever does it, I’m sure will do a great job, but I just thought three was a nice number.”
New host yet to be revealed
Representatives for the Logies confirmed to Mediaweek that this year’s host will be announced at a later date.
Sources close to the event told Mediaweek the replacement remains a closely guarded secret, though it “may be a woman”.
Speculation around Pang’s future at the Logies began circulating earlier this month.
The comedian and television presenter, who also hosts Have You Been Paying Attention? on Network 10, fronted the awards ceremony in 2023, 2024 and 2025.
Broadcasting rights for the Logies will remain with Seven in 2026, continuing the network’s long-running association with the awards show.
Pang’s exit marks the first major on-air change for the ceremony ahead of this year’s event, with attention now turning to who Seven and TV WEEK select to lead the telecast.
Main image: Sam Pang
