The outdoor industry today announced an increase of 10.7% on net media revenue year-on-year in the third quarter of 2018, posting $221.2 million, up from $199.9 million for the third quarter in 2017.
The Outdoor Media Association reports digital revenue has risen to just over half of total media revenue, and now accounts for 50.5% of total net media revenue year-to-date, an increase over the recorded 46.0% at the same time last year.
“Our continued growth is the result of OOH’s ability to work at the top of the brand funnel, building brand equity, fame, and reaching massive audiences. These benefits, in unison with our digital signs, which offer flexibility to deliver tactical and dynamic messages, provide a powerful solution for advertisers,” said Charmaine Moldrich, CEO, OMA.
Category figures quarter three 2018:
• Roadside Billboards (over and under 25 square metres) $89.2 million
• Roadside Other (street furniture, bus/tram externals, small format) $60.3 million
• Transport (including airports) $39.5 million
• Retail, Lifestyle and Other $32.2 million
Category figures for quarter three 2017:
• Roadside Billboards (over and under 25 square metres) $79.6 million
• Roadside Other (street furniture, bus/tram externals, small format) $59.1 million
• Transport (including airports) $30.6 million
• Retail, Lifestyle and Other $30.6 million