• iOS and Android app offers access to Nick content anywhere, any time
• Nick Play launches with Australian-produced animation Supa Phresh
• Includes special “do not touch” button!
Nickelodeon Australia has announced the launch of Nick Play, a branded app experience that allows users to interact with Nickelodeon wherever they go. One of the first global territories to launch the app as part of Viacom’s Play Plex model, Nick Play offers Australian kids access to hundreds of Nickelodeon-themed videos, original short-form animations, newly created games, as well as full-length episodes of Nickelodeon’s biggest hits and current top shows via Foxtel subscriber authentication.
Nick Play features a tile layout that can be swiped in any direction and will include new content daily, which kids can “favourite” and watch whenever they want. True to the spirit of Nickelodeon, the app offers a range of funny, interactive elements including a “Do Not Touch” button that triggers an array of disruptive comedy and surprises. There is also a “mystery box” element on the home page designed to include specialised messaging for Nickelodeon highlights and/or sponsor integrated campaigns.
Nick Play launches with Australian-produced animated shorts series Supa Phresh (4 x 3min) created by Melbourne-based Darcy Prendergast of Oh Yeah Wow. The premiere series follows the hilarious journey of Tex (a half-dinosaur, half-fish) and his two best friends – Squidula (a vampire squid) and Pug-tank (part dog, part toy tank), who work (badly) in a low-rent, bulk-buying supermarket. Nickelodeon Australia has also exclusively commissioned two Supa Phresh companion games for the app, Coupon Cannon and Suga Rush. The Supa Phresh shorts and games will be available to international Nickelodeon markets as exclusive digital-first content.
At launch, Nick Play app will include:
Over 320 videos, including:
• 24 full episodes of Nickelodeon’s current hit shows (two episodes available to all users and 22 for Foxtel subscribers)
• A binge-worthy 13 episodes from the latest Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series leading up to the massive Season 3 Finale (as part of Foxtel subscriber episodes)
• The launch of original animated shorts series Supa Phresh and two Supa Phresh minigames
• Nickelodeon’s first-ever digital short-form series Welcome to the Wayne
• Over 290 short-form videos and exclusive behind the scenes content from Nickelodeon’s hit shows
• Refreshed content every day and new videos every week
Jihee Nam, vice president and general manager of Nickelodeon Networks Australia and New Zealand, speaks with Mediaweek’s Dan Barrett in the new Mediaweek magazine out Friday.