n good news for lovers of Australian drama, ABC TV has commissioned new series of the popular programs Janet King, Rake, Jack Irish, The Code and The Doctor Blake Mysteries.
Marta Dusseldorp will star in a second series of Janet King; Richard Roxburgh returns to the role of Cleaver Greene for a fourth series of Rake; and Guy Pearce will return in a new six-part series based on the books of top-selling crime writer Peter Temple in Jack Irish: The Series.
Craig McLachlan reprises his role as the charming Dr Lucien Blake in a fourth outing of The Doctor Blake Mysteries; and Dan Spielman and Ashley Zuckerman return for a thrilling follow-up series of The Code.
Carole Sklan, ABC head of fiction, says: “ABC TV is very happy to be able to bring back this collection of hugely entertaining, favourite dramas. They feature such a wonderful, eclectic mix of indelible characters.”
Brendan Dahill, ABC head of programming, says: “This sensational lineup of proven drama titles further cements ABC’s commitment to telling challenging, authentic and entertaining Australian stories. We’re thrilled to continue working with such sterling talent and creative teams to produce quality drama that our audiences love.”
• Janet King: Series 2 commences filming in October. A Screentime production. Executive Producer Greg Haddrick, Series Producer Karl Zwicky, Producer Lisa Scott. (8 x 60min)
• Rake: Series 4 commences filming in September. Produced by Essential Media and Blow by Blow. Producers Ian Collie, Peter Duncan, Richard Roxburgh (8 x 60min)
• Jack Irish: The Series commences filming in August. An Essential Media & Entertainment production. Producers Ian Collie and Andrew Knight. (6 x 60min)
• The Doctor Blake Mysteries: Series 4 commences filming in September. A December Media production. Executive Producer Tony Wright. Produced by George Adams. (8 x 60min)
• The Code: Series 2 commences filming in August. A Playmaker production. Created by Shelley Birse, Producers David Maher, David Taylor, Di Haddon, Shelley Birse. (6 x 60min)