2GB and Chris Smith today announce that they have agreed to end their working relationship.
• The station released an apology within hours of the broadcast
• Mediaweek Podcast with 2GB’s Ben Fordham, Wavemaker’s Philippa Noilea Tani & SCA’s Brian Gallagher
• The 2019 team will once again be headed up by Ray Hadley and Mark Levy
Plus: Who are the radio hosts who get an extra week’s leave?
• The winners for the Best AM Radio Breakfast show
Goodbye Matty Johns & Bruno Bouchet, Eddie McGuire’s TV reveal
"I have to confront those challenges and they are still a concern.”
• Listening to Aussie radio now easier than ever with Amazon’s Alexa
Mediaweek editor James Manning examines the GFK radio survey 6 results for each metro commercial station.
• The findings come after a seven-week trial
The ambitious plan starts in Sydney this week with a look at the market leaders.
Paykel Media MD Sarah Keith appoints new head of strategy and planning
Seven’s summer: Front Bar cricket specials, WBBL finals weekend
Black to the future: News Corp publishing afternoon newspapers
Fremantle’s Jo Porter to replace founders at Sony Media’s Playmaker Media
Mediaweek Roundup: News code, ABC News Line-up, The Crown + more
Podcast Week: Natarsha’s Agenda, Tim’s music podcast, Matthew’s True Crime