• Prime Media, The Financial Times, B2B + Nine
“no city in the world more suitable to host an Olympic Games”.
• 2GB’s John Stanley gets expanded show, welcomed by 3AW hosts
• NBL & Facebook, 2GB's Alan Jones, 3AW, Seven's Melissa Doyle, Australian content, Anjali Rao, Film Victoria + Macquarie Media
On 16 August Jones penned an apology letter to the New Zealand PM
• Ray was admitted to hospital on Monday after another attack of diverticulitis.
“Thank you to all the people who have shown concern.”
• He made a rare comment about the ratings, thanking his loyal listeners
“We remain conscious of the fact that listeners have a choice"
• Jonesy and Amanda bucked the overall station trend with their breakfast share down
“I need to be careful about jumping into something too quickly”
• Hadley may not (yet) have Alan Jones’ breakfast slot, but they are both now on the same money
Fremantle’s Jo Porter to replace founders at Sony Media’s Playmaker Media
Mediaweek Roundup: News code, ABC News Line-up, The Crown + more
Podcast Week: Natarsha’s Agenda, Tim’s music podcast, Matthew’s True Crime
ARIA Awards 2020: Big winners include Tame Impala, SAMPA & Amy Shark
ABC Upfronts 2021: New channel, new night for Q+A, new dramas & comedy
Gemba appoints Adam Hodge Divisional Manager – Marketing Strategy