• Conference to feature discussion with Fennessy brothers, Ian Hogg, Richard Freudenstein and Paul Anderson
Screen Producers Australia has released the program for Screen Forever 2015, the premier conference for the screen industry in Australia. The three-day industry event features leading US producer Paula Wagner as a headline keynote speaker, alongside Panel Discussions, In Conversation series, Masterclasses and Roundtables, exploring the latest trends and research in screen industry distribution, TV and film deals and international financing.
These sessions are complemented by numerous networking events, pitching opportunities and the International Partnership Market, an invitation-only event for producers, broadcasters, sales agents, financiers, new world entrepreneurs and distributors from Australia and the UK, Canada, China, Korea, South Africa and the US.
“Screen Forever is a unique industry forum and must-attend event for anyone who’s anyone in the industry,” said Matthew Deaner, CEO, Screen Producers Australia. “Now in its 30th year, the conference has always played an important role in uniting the industry as we address the challenges ahead and this year’s Screen Forever reflects the issues, trends and topics that are important to all of us in the business of screen production.”
• Screen Forever’s popular In Conversation series features production company CEOs Carl and Mark Fennessy (pictured) from Endemol Shine Australia and Ian Hogg, FremantleMedia Australia. These intimate one-on-one discussions also feature CEO Graeme Mason from Screen Australia and broadcasters Paul Anderson, CEO, Network Ten and Richard Freudenstein, CEO, Foxtel.Screen Forever 2015 talks featuring Fennessy brothers, Hogg, Anderson & Freudenstein
• Screen Forever 2015 will debate and shape future policy for screen industry practitioners, including the industry’s response to the rise of digital platforms such as iview, Stan, Weibo, Facebook, Amazon and Netflix, which are pushing the commercial and creative potential of digital media and increasingly commissioning screen content. This expanding market is explored through a range of sessions at Screen Forever 2015 including VR: The Next Media Platform; Digital Disruption; Online Wars; So You Want To Date An Advertiser?; Mining the Golden Audience; and Enterprise Funding. Screen Australia will also release new research into the latest insights on television deals (TV Deals Today) and how much VOD has changed the landscape.
• With children reflecting the face of our future, Screen Forever 2015 explores the ever-changing face of children’s screen media in the digital era. It will examine the increasing market demand for sophisticated children’s entertainment that employs digital storytelling and reflects a bilingual, bicultural, contemporary Australia. A number of international speakers chart these latest trends in sessions including Sophistakids, Turner Animation and No Ordinary Run Of The Gristmill.
• With free trade deals underscoring a renewed interest in key growth markets in Asia, sessions at Screen Forever 2015 include a focus on Working With Korea, Working With China, Breaking Good globally and Working In The US. International delegates participating in Screen Forever’s International Partnership Market seeking co-venture and business opportunities include a delegation led by PACT UK (Producers Alliance For Cinema and Television).
• The booming export market for high-quality, innovative comedy and drama is also under the spotlight at Screen Forever 2015. Highly esteemed US producers share their invaluable insights and knowledge in sessions including Casting For The Money; The Truth Doesn’t Hurt, It Rates; Breaking Good; Online Wars; The Brain Is Back.
Source: Screen Producers Australia