News Corp Australia has announced it will launch ESCAPE, a new insert magazine format featuring new content and a new look design with a trimmed and stapled finish, to create the most premium weekly travel product in Australia.
The new look ESCAPE debuts on Sunday, 16 April, in The Sunday Telegraph (NSW), Sunday Herald Sun (VIC), The Sunday Mail (QLD) and The Sunday Mail (SA). Eight bumper-themed issues will also be produced annually, with the first of the special editions being published in May and dedicated to North America.
Fiona Nilsson, managing director, food, travel and health of New Corp Australia, said this weekend the company was launching the next evolution of the ESCAPE brand to become a premier destination in the Sunday papers.
“Moving from a lift-out to our new insert format, ESCAPE features a refreshed design, additional content, new pages and layouts, and a more evocative use of imagery, all designed to inspire travellers,” she said.
“Our commitment to continuous improvement will see ESCAPE content expanded in the state-based Saturday magazines nationally focused on touring and cruising. As the demand for travel content continues to grow we are also building out our digital offering with even more content to give ESCAPE’s highly engaged digital audience of 2.179 million as much information as possible to make informed and inspired holiday choices,” Nilsson added.
Each issue of the new ESCAPE will include increased editorial content with new features such as:
• Why I travel – Jetsetters, cruisers, experts and celebrities reveal their reasons for exploring the world
• Twin share – Two travel companions – spouses, parent and child, siblings, friends, business partners and more – reminisce on their adventures together
• The Social Circle – Influencers share their favourite holiday snaps and memories
• Hour by hour – A curated guide to navigating a city in one to three days
• Pack it – Reviews and recommendations for the best travel tech and gadgets
• New monthly columns devoted to sustainability, pets, family, music and more
• Plus, more news, more cruising, more opinion and advice, and an expanded deals section.
Liz Glover, general manager travel industry product and partnerships of News Corp Australia, said: “As the leading travel brand in Australia, the ESCAPE team is always looking at ways to deliver a better experience, for both our readers and our commercial partners. The product enhancements and increased pagination launching this week have been developed to meet these needs with more expert content as travel rebounds.
“ESCAPE will be the ultimate destination for Australians who are more eager than ever to travel, and whether they are booking now or planning their next holiday, this new look will create the most premium weekly travel product in Australia.”
The new look ESCAPE will be supported by a content-led consumer marketing campaign launching this weekend across print, radio and subscription TV.