Farmer Wants A Wife concluded its comeback season on its new home of Seven last night with 923,000 tuning in to see the fall out of Harry choosing Stacey Cain, Neil choosing Justine Adams, Nick choosing Liz Jelléy, and Alex choosing Jess Wolfe in the show’s reunion special filmed a month after the finale.
With the main takeaways being:
• Neil and Justine are still together but living in different states
• Sam revealed his new girlfriend Kirsten
• Nick and Liz have broken up with Liz not appearing on the reunion show
• Harry admits he broke up with Stacey after he said she wanted to move too fast
• Alex and Jess did not work out and Alex is now with Henrietta who was originally his second choice to Jess
Farmer Wants a Wife TV Ratings
The show’s finale outrated its premiere episode last month which did 908,000 viewers. Farmer Wants a Wife is the second tentpole show announced by Seven last year to conclude its run with the previous one being Big Brother which had 876,000 viewers tune in for the winner announcement.
Angus Ross, Seven’s network programming director, said: “We’ve reinvented our 2020 entertainment schedule with proven, powerful formats and Farmer Wants A Wife has continued the ratings momentum created by our relaunch of Big Brother. Number one nationally, major growth in key demos and streaming numbers that have kept 7plus number one – it’s a multi-platform winner.”
Key points on Farmer Wants A Wife:
• Reached 6 million viewers nationally.
• Seven’s 2020 season of Farmer delivered 32% more audience than Nine’s 2016 season.
• Farmer’s average national series audience of 1.37 million viewers puts it ahead of Masterchef, Australian Ninja Warrior, The Voice, The Block, Gogglebox and The Masked Singer so far in 2020.
• Delivered timeslot growth in key demos: +24% for 25-54s, +24% for 16-39s.
• Seven’s biggest entertainment program so far in 2020 and biggest reality show in two years.
• The second-biggest launch ever on 7plus, behind only Big Brother.
• A VPM rating of 164k on 7plus (live + 7-day VOD).
• Over 100 million minutes streamed across live and VOD.