Playwright Kate Mulvany’s epic and acclaimed stage adaptation of the Australian classic The Harp in the South has taken out the highest honour of the Australian Writers’ Guild’s annual AWGIE Awards, the 2019 Major Award.
2019 AWGIE Award winners included:
• Andrew Knight won Television – Series or Miniseries of more than 4 hours duration for Jack Irish: Season 2, Episode 1
• Jacquelin Perske won Television – Telemovie or Miniseries of 4 hours or less duration for The Cry
• Tim Minchin (pictured) won the AWGIE for Comedy – Situation or Narrative for his upcoming series Upright
• Joel Slack-Smith and Heidi Regan with Nazeem Hussain, Richard Thorp, Penny Greenhalgh and Sophie Braham took home the AWGIE Award for Comedy – Sketch or Light Entertainment for Orange is the New Brown: Episode 1
• Jason Herbison took home the Television – Serial Award for episode 8052 of Neighbours