Following the inaugural TRENDtalks focused on travel, Are Media has launched its latest industry sector spotlight – TRENDtalks: Food – to highlight the top ten food moments set to emerge over the next year.
TRENDtalks: Food will reveal the latest insights and predictions around food, including what to expect for the upcoming festive season. In addition, exclusively commissioned Are Media research will show how women’s relationship with food has become more holistic, why food provenance is now essential and the continued emphasis to eat healthy.
Are Media’s cross-platform food network reaches over 4.5 million women each month through brands including Gourmet Traveller, Australian Women’s Weekly Food, Better Homes and Gardens and New Idea.
TRENDtalks: Food will be hosted by former MasterChef finalist and deputy editor of Gourmet Traveller, Karlie Verkerk, and feature a panel of industry experts, social creators and hospitality gurus including:
• Elise Stratchan’s Instagram account @mycupcakeaddiction boasts one million followers. Her TV show The Sweet Life is currently airing on SBS Food and her Spotify Original Podcast Bake My Day has just wrapped its first season.
• Dr Denise Hamblin is head of sensory at Kantar and is a sensory science research expert who leads a variety of research programs both locally and globally.
• Danielle Walker is the marketing and category manager at Goodman Fielder – in home baking, she has driven marketing across the business for more than 10 years.
• Sian Redgrave is a creative, cook, food stylist and recipe developer currently residing in Sydney. She was crowned Foxtel’s first Great Australian Bake Off winner.
• Fran Abdallaoui has her finger on the pulse of what Australian’s are cooking in their home kitchens. She is editor of The Australian Women’s Weekly’s FOOD magazine and is food director of The Weekly.
Are Media director of sales Andrew Cook, said: “Research shows that more than six in ten* women are interested in food and nutrition, that’s 6.4 million Australian women who are open to learning about all aspects of food. TRENDtalks: Food has been specially curated to showcase and discuss what the next big things in food will be. The panel discussion will offer new perspectives to those in the business of food, from grocers to appliance manufacturers, to ensure they are fully informed to make better business and marketing decisions.
“Are Media is the leading premium content experience company with a range of brands offering a wide array of food content in both print and digital. Our proprietary research and the panel of experts we have assembled means this is a not to be missed event.”
Open to marketers and those working in the food industry, TRENDtalks: Food will be broadcast live on Thursday 12 August at 10.00am. To register for free, click here and you’ll be in the running to win a TM6 Thermomix.