Eleven Grand Prix, two Grand Prix for Good and eight Gold awards have been given. Campaigns for both global and local brands from around the world, covering a range of product categories, are represented, showcasing how marketers are driving growth across different sectors and audiences.
The US has picked up the highest number of awards (four Grands Prix). There are three multi-market campaigns for Germany/Hungary, India/Singapore and Lebanon/UAE. India and the UAE have also picked up a further two top accolades each. Both the UK and Canada have won two. Argentina, Australia, France, first-time winners Kenya, New Zealand and Thailand have all picked up one top award.
The seven international jury panels, made up of 80 illustrious industry experts, followed a rigorous judging process using the Creative Effectiveness and the B2B Effectiveness Ladders, unique tools providing a consistent approach and global language to benchmark effectiveness.
John Bizzell, Awards Lead, WARC, said: “This outstanding collection of work from around the world sets a new benchmark for effective marketing and will inspire our industry for future success. We thank our dedicated juries and congratulate all the winners.”
The Grands Prix and Gold for WARC Awards for Effectiveness accolades are awarded to:
• Grand Prix: See My Skin・Vaseline・Edelman, New York・USA
• Gold: H For Handwashing – How Lifebuoy Made Handwashing A Lesson That No One Forgets・Lifebuoy・Lowe Lintas, Mumbai / MullenLowe, Singapore・India / Singapore
The Grand Prix was awarded to Edelman New York for Vaseline. The skincare brand created the world’s first and most diverse medical image library, ‘See My Skin’, to help people of colour in the USA find images of people with skin complaints that matched their own.
• Grand Prix: The Hire・Indeed・DDB Mudra, Bangalore・India
DDB Mudra has won the Grand Prix for promoting recruitment platform, Indeed, by targeting small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) with a humorous campaign about the pitfalls of informal hiring practices.
No golds were awarded in this category.
• Grand Prix: Pre-Loved Island・eBay・EssenceMediacom, London・UK
Online marketplace eBay, partnered with ITV’s Love Island in the UK to drive reappraisal of second-hand clothing by getting the nation talking positively about it, leading to an increase in searches for pre-loved items and placing eBay as the destination for pre-loved fashion.
No golds were awarded in this category.
Channel Pioneer category (new)
• Grand Prix: The Last Performance・Partners Life・Special, Auckland・New Zealand
• Gold: Self Check-Out・K-Lynn・Leo Burnett, Dubai・UAE
The Grand Prix, a TV and digital winning campaign by Special Auckland for New Zealand-based insurance company, Partners Life, increased consideration, awareness and customer enquiries by partnering with a popular murder mystery show to demonstrate the risk associated with an unexpected death.
• Grand Prix: The Homecoming・Home Centre・Leo Burnett, Dubai・UAE
• Grand Prix for Good: How a Campaign About Nudes Got the Government to Change the Law・ Brook・Grey, London・UK
• Gold: Lesso Lessons・Roto Tanks・Ogilvy Africa, Nairobi・Kenya
Grand Prix winner Leo Burnett Dubai, launched The Homecoming initiative in the UAE for Home Centre, a furniture and furnishings retail brand, to propagate and support the adoption process, and create a tangible human impact in culture, which resulted in 7,300 children being adopted.
The Grand Prix for Good, awarded to Grey London, saw Brook, a sexual health and wellbeing charity, install OOH with QR codes to call for unsolicited nude pictures to be debated in parliament in the UK and successfully change the Online Safety Bill to include cyberflashing.
• Grand Prix: Wear ‘Em Out Store・eBay・Edelman, New York・USA
• Gold: Amazing Thailand – Culture to Commerce・Tourism Authority of Thailand・Ogilvy, Bangkok・Thailand
The Grand Prix was awarded to Edelman, New York, for the launch of the Wear ‘Em Out Store in the US, placing eBay at the centre of cultural conversation and stand out from the competition. They tapped influencers to get customers in the store, wear their sneakers and share on social media. This resulted in a 25% increase in sales over the previous year.
• Grand Prix: Dream Drop・Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation・FCB, Toronto・Canada
• Grand Prix for Good: #Flutwein – Our Worst Vintage・Flutwein・One AdFactory, Munich / White Rabbit, Budapest・Germany / Hungary
• Gold: No Fear is Too Small・PepsiCo・Flibbr Consulting Services, Mumbai・India
To attract younger players, the Grand Prix winning entry saw The Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation partnering with designer, Mr. Saturday, to release an exclusive clothing line with a LOTTO MAX ticket attached, increasing positive perception, consideration, online registrations, and ticket sales.
The Grand Prix for Good was won by Seven.One AdFactory, Munich / White Rabbit, Budapest for a crowdfunded campaign, which increased donations and awareness about flooding in the Ahr Valley in Germany by bottling and selling a wine that was made in the region.
• Grand Prix: New Is Old・Back Market・Marcel, Paris・France
• Gold: Tonight, I’ll Be Eating…・Uber Eats・Special, Sydney・Australia
Marcel, Paris, won the Grand Prix for tech startup Back Market. The campaign led the company to become the leading online refurbished smartphone seller in France thanks to a three-year TV, OOH and digital campaign.
• Grand Prix: Future Baller$・iShares・DDB, San Francisco・USA
• Gold: The Not Hot Periodwear Collection・Always・Leo Burnett, Beirut / Leo Burnett, Dubai・Lebanon / UAE
The Grand Prix is awarded to Edelman New York for iShares Exchange-Traded-Funds (ETFs). Working with NBA players, they positioned them as the antidote to the cultural problem of dangerous risk taking among young investors in the USA.
• Grand Prix: The Self-Love Bouquet・Doordash・GUT, Los Angeles・USA
To grow its flower delivery service, DoorDash in the US turned “singleness” on Valentine’s Day into a positive by crafting The Self-Love Bouquet. As well as creating a huge buzz among people and in the press, sales doubled from the year prior.
No Golds were awarded in this category.
• Grand Prix: Real Street Style・Mercado Libre・GUT, Buenos Aires・Argentina
• Gold: The Black Elevation Map・Black & Abroad・Performance Art, Toronto・Canada