Australian satirical news brand The Betoota Advocate will embark on a national tour this November and December, TEG Dainty and Nice Events have announced.
Editors Clancy Overell and Errol Parker will treat audiences to a no-holds-barred live show in true Betoota-style, filled with their trademark wit and humour.
The 13-city tour opens in Townsville on November 3, and will pass through every corner of the country before it winds up at the iconic Sydney Opera House on December 1.
The Betoota Advocate is nationally known and loved for its witty take on the zeitgeist of modern Australia, and has developed a fiercely loyal readership since its inception.
The outlet has previously teamed up with the likes of Malcolm Turmbull and Sir Richard Branson, and reports over seven million website hits monthly.
The brand signed with Nova Entertainment’s Acast Australia for a podcast earlier this year.
The Betoota brand has also spawned several other successful ventures including Betoota Bitter, Betoota Outfitters and Betoota’s Australia – a book about contemporary Australia that was launched by the Prime Minister at a press conference in October 2017.
Tickets go on sale at 12pm local time on Wednesday August 1.
• Saturday 3 November – The Civic, Townsville
• Sunday 4 November – Darwin Entertainment Centre, Darwin
• Tuesday 6 November – Empire Theatre, Toowoomba
• Thursday 8 November – Qpac, Brisbane
• Friday 9 November – Nightquarter, Gold Coast
• Sunday 11 November – Anita’s Theatre, Wollongong
• Tuesday 13 November – The Civic, Newcastle
• Friday 16 November – Astor Theatre, Perth
• Saturday 17 November – Hamer Hall, Melbourne
• Sunday 18 November – Odeon Theatre, Hobart
• Thursday 22 November – Aec Theatre, Adelaide
• Friday 30 November – Llewelyn Hall, Canberra
• Saturday 1 December – Sydney Opera House, Sydney