Big year of news sees time online soar
Australians spent a total of 40 million hours reading news online in October.
• Nielsen Digital Content Ratings reported that ABC News Websites retained the top position
• Average weekly audience growth of the top 10 news sites versus prior 4 weeks is 54%
• "It’s not just teenage girls, uni students, mums or women watching MAFS"
• News.com.au editor-in-chief Kate de Brito spoke to Mediaweek
• News.com.au finds itself in unfamiliar territory after it was shifted to second place
• Winner: News.com.au
• The podcast is sponsored by Optus
• The highest ever unique audience in the current events and global news category in Australia
• Plus shoppers go online searching for Christmas bargains
• The Guardian slipped one spot, down from #6 to #7
Subscribe to the Mediaweek Morning Report with the form below.
Outdoor Media Association and MOVE welcome new members in 2021
Channel 10 released first look at MasterChef Australia season 13
TV market reveals new launch date for VOZ total TV data release
TV Ratings February 24: The Cube has strong debut with over 500k
Southern Cross Austereo’s leaner model sees half year profit lift despite revenue drop
Andy Lee on TV & podcasting with Hamish, plus beers & board games at 7 and 9