Actor-comedian and Oscar-nominated writer Kumail Nanjiani and actress-producer-director Tracee Ellis Ross (pictured) have announced the 91st Oscars nominations from the Academy’s headquarters in Beverly Hills via a global live stream on Oscar.com, Oscars.org, the Academy’s digital platforms, a satellite feed and broadcast media.
Active members of the Academy are now eligible to vote for the winners in all 24 categories beginning Tuesday, February 12, through Tuesday, February 19.
The winners will be announced via the annual Academy Awards telecast which will again be shown live on Nine this year on Monday February 25.
Among the Oscar nominees, The Favourite and Roma received the most nominations with 10, including nominations in the categories of Best Picture, Actress in a Leading Role, and Actress in a Supporting Role. Other Oscars 2019 nominees with multiple nominations include A Star Is Born and Vice with eight nominations, Black Panther with seven, and Blackkklansman with six.
Netflix has become Hollywood’s hottest new Oscar studio with 15 Academy Award nominations. Alfonso Cuaron’s Roma secured 10 while the Coen Brothers’ The Battle of Buster Scruggs got three plus another two for short documentaries.
20th Century Fox claimed the most nominees for any one studio though – 20. Disney and Universal were close behind with 17 each. Paramount only received one nomination.
Major category Oscar nominations:
Performance by an actor in a leading role nominees:
• Christian Bale in VICE
• Bradley Cooper in A STAR IS BORN
• Willem Dafoe in AT ETERNITY’S GATE
• Rami Malek in BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY
• Viggo Mortensen in GREEN BOOK
Performance by an actor in a supporting role nominees:
• Mahershala Ali in GREEN BOOK
• Adam Driver in BLACKkKLANSMAN
• Sam Elliott in A STAR IS BORN
• Richard E. Grant in CAN YOU EVER FORGIVE ME?
• Sam Rockwell in VICE
Performance by an actress in a leading role nominees:
• Yalitza Aparicio in ROMA
• Glenn Close in THE WIFE
• Olivia Colman in THE FAVOURITE
• Lady Gaga in A STAR IS BORN
• Melissa McCarthy in CAN YOU EVER FORGIVE ME?
Performance by an actress in a supporting role nominees:
• Amy Adams in VICE
• Marina de Tavira in ROMA
• Regina King in IF BEALE STREET COULD TALK
• Emma Stone in THE FAVOURITE
• Rachel Weisz in THE FAVOURITE
Best animated feature film of the year nominees:
• INCREDIBLES 2- Brad Bird, John Walker and Nicole Paradis Grindle
• ISLE OF DOGS- Wes Anderson, Scott Rudin, Steven Rales and Jeremy Dawson
• MIRAI- Mamoru Hosoda and Yuichiro Saito
• RALPH BREAKS THE INTERNET- Rich Moore, Phil Johnston and Clark Spencer
• SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE- Bob Persichetti, Peter Ramsey, Rodney Rothman, Phil Lord and Christopher Miller
Best motion picture of the year nominees:
• BLACK PANTHER- Kevin Feige, Producer
• BLACKkKLANSMAN- Sean McKittrick, Jason Blum, Raymond Mansfield, Jordan Peele and Spike Lee, Producers
• BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY- Graham King, Producer
• THE FAVOURITE- Ceci Dempsey, Ed Guiney, Lee Magiday and Yorgos Lanthimos, Producers
• GREEN BOOK- Jim Burke, Charles B. Wessler, Brian Currie, Peter Farrelly and Nick Vallelonga, Producers
• ROMA- Gabriela Rodríguez and Alfonso Cuarón, Producers
• A STAR IS BORN- Bill Gerber, Bradley Cooper and Lynette Howell Taylor, Producers
• VICE- Dede Gardner, Jeremy Kleiner, Adam McKay and Kevin Messick, Producers