Mediaweek’s Ad Placement of the Month examines submissions of creative and clever placements over the past few weeks.
June has seen agencies use a diverse array of channels – from OOH to fun activations and thought-provoking campaigns – to get the word out about their client’s projects and products.
But after consideration of all entries, this month’s Mediaweek Ad Placement of the Month winner is:
Avenue C & QMS – Welcome to Hell billboard for Diablo IV
Avenue C: “Through UV fluorescence lighting and paint, Avenue C & QMS have pushed the boundaries to bring to life the campaign’s hero asset at night on Melbourne’s most iconic billboard. Welcome to Hell…”
Plus: QMS had to source approvals from Melbourne airport and other stakeholders for this placement, as they changed each and every light on the billboard, illuminating the area at night like never before – so much so that the pilots can see it when landing.
• Media director: Andrew Markou
• Business director: Ed Passerotti
• Account manager: Dion Vainio
• QUBE studio manager: Kit Chun
Allied Global Marketing – Prime Video Creates Australia’s First ‘Choir Singing Billboard’ to celebrate the launch of Australian Amazon Original, Deadloch
In second place, Prime Video Australia collaborated with Allied Global Marketing on an Australian-first ‘Choir Singing Billboard’ in Melbourne on Friday June 2 to promote the global launch of new Australian Amazon Original series, Deadloch.
Bringing an in-show moment to life, Melbourne’s Glee Club performed as the ‘Deadloch Choir’ for four hours on Friday afternoon on the corner of Smith St and Gertrude St, Fitzroy.
The choir of 12 women performed renditions of Untouched (The Veronicas), Made You Look (Megan Trainor), Better The Devil You Know (Kylie Minogue), Murder on the Dancefloor (Sophie Ellis-Bextor) and Another One Bites the Dust (Queen).
Deadloch creators, Kate McCartney and Kate McLennan and lead cast, Kate Box and Madeleine Sami were on ground to launch the activation. The series is available on Prime Video globally now, in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide.
• Integrated Marketing Agency: Allied Global Marketing
• Client: Prime Video Australia
Spinach – Demolition of Icons for the Australian Conservation Foundation
Rounding out the top three is Demolition of icons for the Australian Conservation Foundation by Spinach
Spinach chief creative officer Frank Morabito said: “This campaign aims to highlight the magnitude of threatened species habitat destruction with unforgettably graphic visual statements. We aim to raise questions and get Australians to recognise that we have a nature destruction problem. Why are we horrified to see the destruction of the Opera House, yet we’re unconcerned about doing the same to forests and woodland? This is an important cause and one we’re proud to have worked with ACF to raise.”
• CCO: Frank Morabito
• CD: Justin Groves
• General Manager/Media Director: Ben Willee
• Director of Client Services: Nicole Miranda
• Design Lead: Justin Groves
• Copywriters: Frank Morabito, Justin Groves
• Account Executive: Paige Sobczyk
• Strategy Director: Glenn Myatt
• Production Director: James Williams
• Producer: Beaver
• CGI Animation: Cadre Pictures
• Producer: Steven Kerswell
• Sound: Production Alley
• Engineer: Rodney Lowe, Ben Lowe
• Producer: Les Molnar
• Music: Nir Tsfaty
• Edit: Primordial Productions
• Editor: Craig Tonkins
• Grade: Moodlab
• Colourist: Edel Rafferty
• Aerials: Flying Pictures
• DOP: Peter Davis
• Media: Spinach
• Voiceover: Special thanks to Aaron Pedersen, Marcia Hines
• Chief Executive: Kelly O’Shanassy
• Campaigns director: Paul Sinclair
• Strategic Marketing Manager: Claire O’Neill
• Strategic Marketing Manager: Felicity Trembath
• Marketing Communications Lead: Hansika Bhagani
• Nature Program Manager: Basha Stasak
• Engagement Project Manager: Carly Derisz
• Digital Marketing Lead: Bronte Small
• National Nature Campaigner: Jess Abrahams
See last month’s winner: Mediaweek’s Ad Placement of the Month: Revealing the SEEK-Ret to a successful campaign
Do you have an interesting ad placement coming up? Would you like your agency to feature next month and be in the running for next month’s edition of Mediaweek’s Ad Placement of the Month?
Send your submission to: [email protected] along with the agency’s statement about the campaign, agency credits and images of the placement on show.