Media Movers across the industry include:
• Shannon Molloy has returned to news.com.au as a senior reporter, based in Sydney.
• Ardent is continuing its expansion by adding to its Sydney team and client portfolio in the first quarter of the financial year.
The North Sydney-based full-service marketing agency has welcomed Adrian Wang as digital designer, Mark Kratochvill as digital strategy manager, Patricio Churruarin as paid social manager and Kerry-Ann Henrico as public relations account manager.
• Laura Anderson has returned from maternity leave and is now a Journalist / Newsreader for ARN, based in Brisbane.
• The National Indigenous Radio Service has welcomed Nance Haxton as a senior reporter.
• XPO: The Mars Agency has announced the appointment of Gavin McColl as eCommerce director.
The newly created senior role is designed to enhance the shopper and activations agency’s digital commerce capabilities, with digital commerce taking an increasing stake in the commerce journey.
McColl, previously held the role of head of experience and eCommerce at Resolution Digital, joins after a four-year stint in the same role for OMD. His background extends to retailers, with significant experience across Coles, Target and Officeworks.
• Daniel Butkovich has joined REA Group as a property journalist.
• Kyle Rodda has taken up a new role as a senior financial market analyst at Capital.com.
• Howatson+Company has welcomed Andrew Drougas as managing director – Melbourne.
Chris Howatson, founder and CEO, said of the appointment: ”I’ve had the pleasure of working with Drougie for many years. He deeply cares about his clients and how to grow their business.
• Richard Clune has stepped down as editor-in-chief of Kanebridge Media’s Robb Report ANZ.
• Courtney Borrett has started at Pedestrian Group as an E-Commerice writer.
• NOVA Entertainment has announced the promotion of Mandi Tapp to Brisbane sales director, following almost 14 years in the business, including most recently her role leading the local direct sales team.
Beginning at Nova in 2010 as business development manager, Tapp’s new role will see her responsible for the day-to-day sales function in the Brisbane market as they continue to provide clients with all-of-audio solutions across NOVA’s radio brands (Nova 1069 and Smooth), streaming and podcast assets.
• Barrier Truth has welcomed Stuart Kavanagh as their editor.
• Grace Nakamura has moved across to ABC Western Queensland’s newsroom as a journalist.
• Venetian Media Group (VMG)’s full-service marketing agency, Yakkazoo has appointed Rosie Thompson-Jones to lead its experiential and events division.
In the new role, that is effective immediately, Thompson-Jones will nurture Yakkazoo client relationships and drive new business opportunities.
• Anna McGovern has joined Sky News Australia as a producer.
• John Buckley has started at Capital Brief as the media correspondent.
• ABC Science has welcomed Jackson Ryan as a Science and Tech reporter.
• Matt Dyktynski has announced that he will be stepping down from Mix94.5’s breakfast show after eight years. His final show on the station will be Friday, 15 September.
Commenting on his departure, Dyktynski said: “I have loved every moment being a part of this Perth institution and I know Mix94.5 will just keep going from strength to strength.
• Alexandra McDivitt has finished as chief sub-editor for taste.com.au after four years in the role.
• Emily Algar has joined RUSSH as their beauty editor.
• Prevention has welcomed Zoe Meunier to the team as editor.
• Gitika Garg is now an assistant editor at Domain Review.
• Josie Taylor has stepped in as the acting editor / investigative journalist for ABC Central Victoria for the next six months.
• Alison Martin is now editor of the Colac Herald.
• ABC Western Plains has welcomed Catherine James as a reporter.
Staff changes in Foxtel’s Entertainment Divison:
• Chief Content and Commercial Officer Amanda Laing has expanded her portfolio to include Entertainment.
• Alison Hurbert-Burns is the Executive Director of Binge and Commissioning and Content at Foxtel Group.
• Lana Greenhalgh is the new Head of Scripted.
• Howard Myers is the Head of Unscripted.
• Sarah Keszler is now a journalist at Channel 7 Brisbane.
• Anthony Dodd is now a television news reporter at WIN TV Canberra.
• Nick Sinis has joined the Star News Group as the editorial coordinator.
• Are Media has announced the appointment of Lisa Hudson to the newly created role of general manager – homes, effective from October 16.
Hudson is an experienced executive, with a career that spans magazines, newspapers, and digital media.
• Chloe Kent has been promoted to editor of the South Gippsland Sentinel-Times.
• Charles Dally-Watkins has finished as a reporter at Channel 7 Sunshine Coast.
• Tess McClure has finished as The Guardian’s New Zealand correspondent.
• Henry Milic has finished as a news reporter at ABC Eyre Peninsula.
• Freelance sports writer Matt Cleary has joined Next Media’s Golf Australia magazine as Senior Writer