Instagram Australia has unveiled four new ad surfaces and creative tools to give brands an easier way to create, tell their story, and grow their business.
Leveraging innovative technologies and data-driven results, Instagram claims the changes will offer even more opportunities for in-platform brand discoverability, while organically integrating into the Instagram experience that people enjoy engaging with and sharing every day.
The new changes include:
• Music optimisation for Reels ads: With more people watching and engaging with Reels than ever before, Instagram is rolling out free, high-quality songs from the Meta Sound Collection library that can be added to Carousel Ads on Reels. Businesses can manually select a song from the library or allow the app to automatically select the best music for an ad based on its content.
• Ads in Explore home and profile feed: Instagram is introducing more places for people to discover brands and products in Explore and profile. Explore home, the grid that people see when they first arrive on the Explore tab, will now feature ads to reach people in the earliest stages of discovering new content they care about.
• Ads in profile feed: These are in testing for non-teen, public profiles, which is the feed experience people can scroll through after visiting another account’s profile and tapping on a post. Ads in profile feed give advertisers the opportunity to expand their reach easily using existing feed assets, while giving people the same personalised ad experience they enjoy in their main Instagram feed. As a part of this test, Instagram is experimenting with a monetisation opportunity that allows eligible creators to earn extra income from ads displayed in their profile feeds.
• AI-powered multi-advertiser ads: Multi-advertiser ads allow businesses to be discovered by people who are in a shopping mindset and have recently engaged with relevant business content in feed. When a person expresses commercial intent by engaging with an ad, Instagram will deliver more ads from other businesses that may be of interest, powered by machine learning. Through a large-scale back-end study, Instagram observed that adding multi-advertiser ads to ad campaigns drove improved efficiency in incremental conversions per dollar spent.
• AR ads: Instagram recently launched an open beta of AR Ads, available both in feed and Stories, offering an immersive augmented reality ad experience. Through the AR experience, powered by Spark AR, brands can encourage people to interact with the effect through their surroundings.
90% of Instagram users follow at least one business, so when they come to the platform, they’re already in the mindset to be inspired by brands and get closer to their passion.
Will Easton, managing director, Meta Australia and New Zealand, said: “We are really excited to announce these new features and ad formats. We’re continuously looking at new innovative, unique, and powerful ways to help advertisers and brands get discovered and reach new audiences across the app.
“These new ad formats and tools aim to help brands tell their own story, reach new and existing customers, whilst driving meaningful growth across their businesses,” Easton added.
More information on the availability of these new offerings and how to leverage them for upcoming campaigns can be found in the Instagram Help Center.