A special lift-out edition of the BRW Young Rich list is available inside The AFR
The 100 members of the 2016 BRW Young Rich list have enjoyed a stunning rise in wealth this year, with a booming property sector and technology market boosting overall wealth to a record $12.3 billion.
A special lift-out edition of the BRW Young Rich list is available inside the November issue of The Australian Financial Review Magazine available in The Australian Financial Review today.
In addition to the printed product, afr.com will present in-depth analysis of the trends behind the list and profiles of some of the newcomers, including videos and interactive graphics.
BRW Young Rich highlights:
• Atlassian co-founders Mike Cannon-Brookes and Scott Farquhar (#1, #2) top the 2016 BRW Young Rich list with record $4.68b combined wealth
• #3 and #4 are Dave Greiner and Ben Richardson ($543m) from web business Campaign Monitor
• #5 on the list is Perth property developer Paul Blackburne with wealth of $483m
• Total wealth of the 2016 BRW Young Rich list reaches a record $12.3b for the 100 list members, up from $10.6b in 2015
• The average wealth per person on the 2016 BRW Young Rich list rises to $123m, up from $106m last year
• There are 22 debutants on the 2016 BRW Young Rich list, including Envato co-founders Collis & Cyan Ta’eed (#12, #13) with combined wealth of $184m
• The youngest debutants are fitness company owners Kayla Itsines and Tobi Pearce, (#51, #52 with $46m wealth), who are 25 and 24 respectively
• There are eight women on the 2016 BRW Young Rich list, the same number as last year
• The BRW Young Rich list tracks the wealth of the richest Australians aged 40 and under, who self-made and have not inherited their wealth