• The Walkleys recognise excellence in Australian journalism across 30 categories
• Annabel Hennessy from The West Australian was named the 2020 Young Australian Journalist of the Year
• The judges were impressed by Dowsley and Carlyon’s dogged pursuit of the story
• Award winners will be announced at a gala dinner on Thursday November 28, at the ICC Ballroom in Sydney.
• Oliver Gordon was named the 2019 Young Australian Journalist of the Year
Who won what in the 30 categories awards event last night in Brisbane
Journalists around Australia submitted over 1,300 entries.
2018 Young Australia Young Journalist of the Year Awards were held last night in Sydney.
The entry fee is just $50, and entry is free for MEAA members.
'The people who are really suffering these things are the people who live there'
Fairfax’s Michael Bachelard and Kate Geraghty took out the Gold Walkley
Journalists around the nation submitted more than 1,200 entries
TV Ratings July 6: MasterChef closes in on finale
Box Office: Cinemas continue slow return with $1.88m
Sky News wider distribution sees audience surge on multiple platforms
Jim Wilson ticks all the boxes on day one on new 2GB drive
Mediaweek Roundup: Facebook, Pauline Hanson, MasterChef + more
Sony Music enters JV with Andrew Jackson for Avoca Drive label