• The Australian this week launched a new six-part podcast series
• Packer’s Gold is a two-part podcast on the gold bullion stolen from Kerry Packer’s Sydney office.
• Branded podcasts are an effective means of advertising and a powerful addition to the marketing mix,
“The audience had done the maths and knew the baby would be here by then.”
• Seven has dived into the podcast pool with the official Home and Away podcast.
• Plus new podcast series from Amelia Philips, Sandra Sully & Matt Burke
• Keeping the daily morning podcast The Squiz to under 10 minutes has been key to its success
• The new deal with PodcastOne will cover all of Pinstripe’s future podcasts
• Whooshkaa founder Rob Lowenthal is one of a handful of Australians attending the Podcast Movement conference
Plus: Adam Shand’s latest crime, Tom Ballard goes from ABC to Audible, New audio from 10 Speaks with Georgia and Barry
• The Wellness Collective, Seven’s The Lady Vanishes re-opens case
• Seven News has released its second true crime investigation Pendulum.
News Corp launches new podcast partnership with Nova & Acast
Mercado on TV: With Ken Corday, US exec producer Days of Our Lives
TV Guide: Rugby League World Cup 9s on Fox Sports and Kayo
Guardian Australia launches new regular podcast, ‘Full Story’
Telstra launch Spotify app on Telstra TV
Erin Vincent named new EP of Q&A