• Channel Nine security guard assaulted, advertising spend, and media code
• "We’ve reached a solution and the way forward.”
+ BritBox International CEO, Nine to return Jobseeker, new MasterChef promo, The Bachelor, and Bill Woods returns.
• The social media giant has wiped the pages of everything and everyone it deemed a news publisher
• Charles Brice reports, Podshape hires Whitney Quayle, Netflix’s new true-crime series, Grant Blackley on Sandilands “rant”, rugby on Nine
• Facebook bans news, new Amazing Race contestant, Andy Lee on The Cube, Donald Trump on Rush Limbaugh.
• “This investment will allow Junkee to create more public interest journalism"
• Domain delays dividend, artists lobby for arts wage subsidy, Disney+, Screen Forever Conference
• New AFR appointments, Australian Press Council's ruling on arson article, Midnight Oil surprise pre-tour gig
• Google, Advertiser Sunday Mail Foundation, ABC complaints, Peter FitzSimons & Stan Grant, The Australian makes editorial changes, Today show and 2021...
• "We remain committed to a workable Code"
• In 12 months, the code will be reviewed by the government
Subscribe to the Mediaweek Morning Report with the form below.
TV ratings Saturday March 6, 2021
TV Guide: Ultimate Tag on Seven and 7Plus
RuPaul’s Drag Race Down Under’s 10 Queens revealed at Mardi Gras
ARIA Charts: Top Three albums of the week all new to the charts
10th AACTA International Awards: Major wins for Promising Young Woman
Weekend TV ratings Friday March 5, 2021