• 72% percent of those aged 55 to 64 described radio as “like an old friend”.
• Some 9% of listeners tuned in via a PC or tablet, and 7% used a smart speaker.
• The campaign was created by Andy Scott, Parris Mesidis and Rory Kennett-Lister
• GfK managing director, ANZ, Dr Morten Boyer comments
• Revenue might be down, but more listen to radio than ever before
• All markets were lower in the December quarter
• All the winners from ARN, SCA, Nova, ACE, Grant and Macquarie
• 2CA, 2CC, Mix 106.3 and Hit 104.7 will broadcast in digital
• Over 900,000 digital radios sold in Australia last year
McGuire was in Canberra after arriving back in Australia on the weekend.
• Radio ad revenue rose 3.40% to $809.421 million in the five markets for January to December 2018
• 42% of commercial radio listening took place at home, 36% in the car
Subscribe to the Mediaweek Morning Report with the form below.
Janie Carroll wins first Holey Moley Junior
Stan announces second season of Everything’s Gonna Be Okay premiere
First Look: Anh’s Brush With Fame season six to return to ABC
Bunbury’s Ben and Nathan broadcast nationally with The Saturday Night Party Playlist
Golden Globes Winners: The Crown, Schitt’s Creek, Nomadland win big
Anathea Ruys returning to Australia as CEO of Mediabrands’ UM Australia