• AFLW was the big sports media story of the weekend
The brands backing the footy on STV are appearing in front of record audiences
The streaming service is helping spread the word about the subscription TV offerings via its own launch events.
• AFL social show returns for season two, secures sponsorship deal
• Another gig for Australia’s busiest comedian – Up The Guts
• Nine’s 2019 NRL event showcased the action, innovation and content that will make this year’s NRL season the biggest yet
• Fox Sports boss reveals their cricket channel had a poor start, then improved and he promises it will keep getting even...
• The special guest on Mediaweek TV on the Your Money channel last week was NBL owner Larry Kestelman.
• The two semifinals will be played on Thursday and Friday this week on Seven and Fox Cricket.
• AFLX in 2019 will feature four new teams, as well as the first ever AFLX Draft.
Mediaweek readers select the industry’s finest across online, TV and radio, streaming, print and podcasting.
• Tredrea is ending an eight-year association with Triple M Adelaide
Auditions are open for 10’s The Bachelor and The Bachelorette
TV guide: October highlights for Stan
Ratings Report: The Ashes delivers big results for Nine
TV Guide: The Bachelor Australia’s final rose on 10
Jan Fran to host ABC’s OzPod 2019 Melbourne conference
TEG farewells Anton Berezin and Theresa Borg after three years