"There has never been a more important time for investigative journalism to give a voice to vulnerable people"
In 2022, ABC NEWS programming had a national weekly broadcast reach of 23.4% of Australians
“It is a privilege to lead the ABC's Indigenous Affairs coverage at such an important time for truth-telling in our country"
Plus: Ogilvy Health ANZ, Triple J
• He will also mentor the next generation of correspondents coming through the ABC
• Stevens’ appointment is effective from Monday 4 April
• The national broadcaster is gearing up for a busy election year ahead
ABC News is reporting its biggest news audiences in its history during August.
Big year of news sees time online soar
Grant will provide stories and analysis for ABC Online, 7.30, Four Corners, audio current affairs and TV news.
• The change follows long-time presenter James McHale’s announcement that he’s departing the role
• The director of ABC NEWS, Gaven Morris, comments
Mediaweek readers select the industry’s finest across online, TV and radio, streaming, print and podcasting.
• The announcement of the new lineup follows the retirement of ABC News veteran Ian Henderson.