• "We’ve been doing the same thing for 85 years, we are a really trusted source in the Australian media landscape"
• Google, Advertiser Sunday Mail Foundation, ABC complaints, Peter FitzSimons & Stan Grant, The Australian makes editorial changes, Today show and 2021...
• Plus more on the proposed Media Code, privatising ABC, AAP reopens regional bureaus, Alan Jones forced correction, George Pell articles and...
• The reborn AAP will become NewsProtect’s first customer
• Screenrights, TikTok, oOh!media, SBS, FriendlyJordies, New York Post, Kennedy awards, Alan Kohler, Netflix, Supercars, and Derby Day
News Corp, Neil Mitchell, BBC Australia, David Mott, South Australia, Netflix, Seven, Cricket Australia, Craig Hutchison, and Brownlow Medal
News Xtend, Fetch TV, Angelos Frangopoulos, Spotify Australia, Bubble Bath Bay, Claudia Karvan, AFL Footy Show, and Rugby Union
• The funding comes from the Public Interest News Gathering (PING) program
ASIO bans Chinese ‘agents’, AAP, 10 News, The Adelaide Review, Keeping Up with the Kardashians, Drunk History and Supercars
• Jarrod Walsh, Craig Hutchison, and the Big Bash League
“The more support we receive from Australians, the more stories about Australians we can cover."
• Also Emma Cowdroy, Bruce Davidson, Clive Marshall and Brian McCarthy
Subscribe to the Mediaweek Morning Report with the form below.
Chris Warren and Simon Hill to host new evening shows on 1170 SEN
ARN announces next version of its neuroscience-backed Dynamic Audio
TV Ratings March 4: Gogglebox top entertainment show with almost 600k
Daily Telegraph reveals Sydney’s most powerful media figures for 2021
ACM to launches travel website Explore
Roundup: Nine board, Eurovision, Google, Tidal, Michael Gudinski + more