• 72% percent of those aged 55 to 64 described radio as “like an old friend”.
• Some 9% of listeners tuned in via a PC or tablet, and 7% used a smart speaker.
• The campaign was created by Andy Scott, Parris Mesidis and Rory Kennett-Lister
• GfK managing director, ANZ, Dr Morten Boyer comments
• Revenue might be down, but more listen to radio than ever before
• All markets were lower in the December quarter
• All the winners from ARN, SCA, Nova, ACE, Grant and Macquarie
• 2CA, 2CC, Mix 106.3 and Hit 104.7 will broadcast in digital
• Over 900,000 digital radios sold in Australia last year
McGuire was in Canberra after arriving back in Australia on the weekend.
• Radio ad revenue rose 3.40% to $809.421 million in the five markets for January to December 2018
• 42% of commercial radio listening took place at home, 36% in the car
Subscribe to the Mediaweek Morning Report with the form below.
TV Guide: Ultimate Tag on Seven and 7Plus
RuPaul’s Drag Race Down Under’s 10 Queens revealed at Mardi Gras
ARIA Charts: Top Three albums of the week all new to the charts
10th AACTA International Awards: Major wins for Promising Young Woman
Weekend TV ratings Friday March 5, 2021
Ultimate Tag: Meet the pro taggers on Seven’s newest show