ONA19 sessions list: Day one of the three-day conference
Below is a sample of just some of the sessions available on the first full Online News Association conference day.
The sessions will offer insights to professionals working in radio, TV, online and print.
Before lunch on Day 1:
• The ins and outs of handling leaked documents
• Newsletter Doctors: Workshop to optimising email newsletters
• Using data to report on votes and voters
• Reddit: The highly-engaging content source that you may be overlooking
• Building Trust: Newsroom tools for the “Fake News” era
• Real life local news revenue experiments (That aren’t advertising)
• Using Facebook Groups to engage with your audience and get new ones
After lunch on Day 1:
• Career advice from women who lead in a range of journalism roles
• How to incorporate apps into your audience development strategy
• How to make Facebook work for your newsroom
• Getting people to pay for local news online
• A practical guide to local newsroom innovation
After recently calling for expressions of interest in our trip to attend the Online News Association 2019 (ONA19) conference, Mediaweek is now taking bookings for media professionals to join the tour.
The highlight of the trip will be four nights in New Orleans attending the biggest annual exchange of ideas and innovation in the global news business.
It’s the 20th anniversary at the Online News Association, and it is planning its biggest and best events ever. To celebrate the milestone, the ONA is bringing the annual conference to New Orleans, home to some of the richest history, food and music and in the United States.
Dates: Leave Sydney Sunday September 8, return early Tuesday September 17
3 nights in San Francisco (Visits to Twitter & Google)
4 nights in New Orleans (Conference, Awards & functions)
Cost: $6,950 includes:
All flights economy class Qantas/United
7 nights hotel accommodation with breakfasts
Conference and Awards Night registration
Premium Economy upgrade available +$2000
Email interest to Garry Farrar at email@example.com and we shall be in touch regarding payment.