Twitter this morning unveiled a slate of premium live and in-stream video content deals.
Over 30 collaborations were announced, bringing hundreds of hours of new exclusive video and live original programming, live games and events to the platform. The announcement includes extensions of existing global live deals and brings new always-on premium video content on Twitter to advertisers in Asia Pacific.
Twitter is also rolling out an in-stream video advertising offering to the region starting with Australia.
Twitter executives including global VP of revenue & operations Matthew Derella (pictured), managing director of Asia Pacific Maya Hari and director for live partnerships Bo Han presented the video content offerings to brand and agency partners at an event in Singapore.
They were joined by guest speakers including Dan Rosen, CEO, ARIA and PPCA, Anjali Kapoor, head of digital, Asia Pacific – Bloomberg, Alexander Broun, director, digital solutions APAC at Fox Sports and Diane Ho, head of screens, Seven West Media.
“Live is at the core of Twitter. In Q2, we streamed over 1,200 hours of live premium content globally from leading brands across sports, eSports, news, and entertainment,” said Derella. “Asia Pacific is the growth engine of Twitter and we could not be prouder to extend our success with both livestreaming and in-stream premium video content in the region.”
“Digital video consumption is growing rapidly in Asia Pacific and estimated to grow to over a billion by 2020,” said Hari. “Introducing over 30 live and in-stream video sponsorship deals today to APAC advertisers will strengthen the success of our only-on-Twitter experience in the region and globally, combining high quality streaming video with conversation on what’s happening in the world right now.”
Attendees were given an overview of the different ways marketers can “be what’s happening” by advertising against premium video content to influential, connected audiences.
New live and in-stream video content announced on stage included the following:
1. Ashes/ Cricket Australia: Cricket’s oldest international rivalry will see a new avatar on Twitter with clips from the Australia vs England series aka The Ashes brought to fans in Australia and India via @CricketAus . In addition to The Ashes, cricket fans will also have access to the best highlights and videos from the Big Bash League, Women’s Ashes and the Women’s Big Bash League.
2. Australian Open / Channel 7 Sports: Tennis fans in Australia will get a closer look at the first tennis grand slam of the year via @7tennis on Twitter as they bring highlights and videos from the Australian Open throughout the two weeks of the event.
3. Breakfast with Champions/Gaurav Kapur: Clips from Breakfast with Champions, a video series featuring Indian and international athletes by @gauravkapur , will be available for fans to watch on Twitter starting October 2017. They will also be able to take in his #ALittleMoreGK match previews of India’s cricket matches through the home season.
4. Cricbuzz: Cricket analysis videos featuring ace commentator Harsha Bhogle by @cricbuzz will be featured on Twitter throughout India’s 2017 home season facing Australia, New Zealand and Sri Lanka. The content collaboration will continue through to the away series against South Africa.
5. Fox Sports Asia: Fox Sports Asia (@FOXSportsAsia) is one of the region’s largest sports broadcasters and have been leaders in the production of snackable video content for fans on Twitter. From the US Open tennis to Asian football, motorsport to golf, Fox Sports Asia will be bringing fans their most premium real-time highlights videos on Twitter in 2017 and 2018!
6. International Cricket Council (ICC): Cricket is the most popular sport across a few countries in the Asia Pacific region and Twitter lights up around international cricket matches every year. Fans will be able to experience match videos on Twitter from the International Cricket Council (@ ICC)’s events in 2018.
7. Premier Futsal India: All 26 matches of the second season of Premier Futsal will be available for fans from Asia and around the world to watch live on Twitter via @PremierFutsalHQ . In addition to this, they will also be able to keep up with the action through 104 video clips on Twitter.
8. Riot Games: Riot Games (@RiotGames) is Twitter Australia’s partner on League of Legends, the world’s highest participation eSports title. The partnership has seen two full Live stream experiences for League of Origin and Oceanic Premier League Grand Final, as well as ten live broadcasts via Periscope Producer. The partnership will see more eSports action coming for fans in the Asia Pacific region.
9. Bloomberg Asia Pacific: Bloomberg (@BloombergAsia) will be bringing its unrivaled Asia Pacific programming from daily market updates, the latest technology news, to bi-lingual business insights from Japan, to Twitter. This new in-stream video collaboration will reinvent the digital breaking news experience and offer new opportunities for brands to align with Bloomberg’s premium content.
10. BuzzFeed Japan: BuzzFeed Japan (@BuzzFeedJapan) is cooking up a storm in one of the tastiest nations on earth. @TastyJapan will be serving up new and original cooking video series exclusively on Twitter, offering the best recipes, tips and secret ingredients in snackable video Tweets. The in-stream video collaboration is an extension of our partnership with Buzzfeed globally.
11. Channel 7: Channel 7 ( @Channel7 ) is an Australian news leader, and a pioneer in harnessing the power of LIVE on Twitter for breaking news. New content offerings include daily news, sport, finance and entertainment updates across Seven News Channels, Sunrise and The Morning Show, Twitter and Seven are inseparable when it comes to delivering news and making Seven ‘the best way to stay informed’.
12. NDTV: India’s leading news network, NDTV, has been a pioneer in the broadcast and digital news space in India for close to 3 decades. Twitter and NDTV a re building on their close partnership with exclusive coverage by @NDTV and @Gadgets360 – including reports from California, product reviews and expert analysis.
13. Network 18: Network 18 is India’s leading media conglomerate across financial, general and digital news, with channels including CNN-News18 (CNN’s India affiliate), CNBC-TV18 (CNBC’s India affiliate) and firstpost.com . Building on the successful partnership for Budget Day 2017, Network18 and Twitter are working to expand their partnership for Budget 2018.
14. ABS-CBN: ABS-CBN (@ABSCBN) is the Philippines’ largest entertainment and media company, and their partnership with Twitter will see the best in primetime entertainment brought to the platform and available for brand sponsorships. Content partnerships with Twitter will include top rating shows such as Ang Probinsyano, Wildflower and La Luna Sangre.
15. Anupama Chopra & Film Companion: One of India’s leading film critics and journalists, Anupama Chopra partners with Twitter to bring an original content series to the platform. Stay tuned for bite-sized reviews of some of the most iconic stories from Bollywood, and catch the actors and characters that made the industry what it is.
16. ARIA Awards: The ARIA Awards (@ARIA_Official) are one of the premiere entertainment events in Asia Pacific, honouring Australia’s top artists and biggest global stars. In 2016, we saw #ARIAs trend globally on Twitter, as users had their say by voting for an award exclusively on the platform. This year, ARIA and Twitter raise the bar with the partnership again, broadcasting the ARIA Awards Red Carpet coverage exclusively live on Twitter around the world. No matter where you are, Twitter will bring you a front row seat to the ARIAs action.
17. Filmfare Awards: India’s most established and most popular Bollywood Awards will continue to strengthen the partnership with Twitter in 2018 with nomination announcements, Red Carpet clips, behind the scenes action and exclusive interaction with winners. This year, as a first for any Indian awards, Bollywood fans across the globe will get to watch a premium Live Stream from a special show around Filmfare Awards ( @Filmfare ).
18. Haylo Media Group: Haylo Media Group brings some of the most exciting content in Asia Pacific to the table, to be livestreamed and customised on Twitter. Through 2017 and 2018, Twitter and Haylo Media Group will work together to bring premiere music and entertainment events to Twitter users throughout the world.
19. KBS Music Bank Weekly Shows: KPop is absolutely massive on Twitter, and Twitter is teaming up with one of South Korea’s biggest broadcasters, KBS World TV ( @KBSWorldTV ), to reward KPop fans on the platform. KBS World TV and Twitter will livestream an original KPop content ‘Music Bank’ series every week from Oct, 2017. KPop fans on Twitter can enjoy live streamed performances of popular KPOP bands like BTS, EXO, TWICE, Got7 and newly emerging groups.
20. Live Nation Australia: As the global leader in live entertainment, Live Nation will deliver original content on Twitter highlighting Australia’s most in-demand music festivals with custom in-stream video sponsorship opportunities for brands.
21. 2017 Mnet Asian Music Awards/CJ E&M: Mnet Asian Music Awards (@MnetMAMA) is the most iconic K-POP awards show. This year, Twitter is partnering with CJ E&M to broadcast the red carpet and the main performance show live on Twitter, giving K-POP fans all over the world the chance to enjoy the 2017 MAMA. This year, MAMA will take place on Nov 29th in Japan, and December 1st in Hong Kong, and both events will be available via live streaming on Twitter in select markets.
22. Red Chillies Entertainment: Red Chillies (@RedChilliesEnt) brings the best of Bollywood to Twitter. Twitter’s partnership includes movie trailer launch events, Q&As with lead actors, and behind the scenes action for upcoming movies in 2018.
23. Rolling Stone India: Music is more than its melodies — catch #RollingWith , an original content series on Twitter, produced by Rolling Stone India. The series brings the Indian independent music scene alive with conversations and acoustic performances by Indian leading singer-songwriters, hip-hop and electronic artists.
24. Southern Cross Austereo: SCA (@SCA) is Australia’s leading media network and boasts the largest radio network, creating more hours of live content than any other broadcast media in Australia. Reaching millions of Australian’s everyday via hit networks and radio shows, such as Hit FM, Triple M, Ash London Live, and Hamish and Andy.
25. The Sound Campaign: Twitter Australia is joining forces with a premiere content partner, The Sound Campaign, to deliver an exciting original content series, #TheKitchenStudio. #TheKitchenStudio combines the two passion pillars of music and food, highlighting celebrity chefs and their favourite global music stars.
26. Yash Raj Films: Always-on Bollywood content from the large catalogue of Yash Raj Films (@yashrajfilms) for older movies. Exciting trailer content along with special Q&As with lead actors, celeb interactions and behind the scenes content for new upcoming movies in 2017 and 2018.
27. Channel 7: One of Australia’s top television networks is bringing top quality entertainment content to Twitter from their highest rating shows. Talent interviews, bonus clips, and more will be available from hit series such as My Kitchen Rules and House Rules, two of Australia’s biggest television shows.
Following deals are existing global partnerships now available to advertisers in APAC:
28. Australian Football League/ Channel 7 Sports: Sports fans in Australia will be able to catch highlights from some of their favourite leagues through Twitter and Channel 7’s ongoing partnership. This includes the Australian Football League on @AFL .
29. BeIN Sports Australia: Clips from the UEFA Champions League 2017-18 will be brought to Twitter by @BeINSPORTS_AUS for football fans in Australia. They will be able to stay in touch with the action in real-time as the world’s best players battle for the most prestigious cup event in club football.
30. MTG: Twitter and MTG announced earlier in the year that 1500 hours of esports tournaments and original programming will be live streamed on Twitter on esl.twitter.com , iem.twitter.com and dreamhack.twitter.com . There’s plenty of excitement ahead for fans in Asia as the series heads to Korea for the Extreme Masters event in November.
31. National Basketball Association (NBA): Basketball fans in the Asia Pacific region will have a lot to look forward to with clips featuring highlights, behind-the-scenes content and more throughout the season as well as Periscope live streams of press conferences and interviews. They will be able to view this content on @NBA_AU , @NBA_Philippines , @NBAIndia and of course the @NBA account on Twitter.
32. National Football League (NFL): This NFL season will have plenty for fans across Asia to stay in touch with on Twitter. In addition to video clips featuring highlights, breaking news, and more, fans will also be watch the the brand new #NFLBlitz show that is currently live streamed on Twitter during the season.
33. Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA): As announced earlier in 2017, basketball fans in Asia will be able to watch 20 WNBA regular season games in 2018 and 2019 live on Twitter at wnba.twitter.com and @WNBA . They will also be able to catch up with highlight clips every week.
34. Bloomberg: Bloomberg (@Bloomberg) will debut the first-ever 24/7 breaking news network that will be global, live, social and exclusively on Twitter. The new live streaming news network, to launch later this year, will combine the vast global editorial and news gathering capabilities of Bloomberg with the digital power, conversation and speed of Twitter.
35. BuzzFeed: BuzzFeed News and Twitter will launch a new weekday live morning show, “AM to DM,” on September 25 US time. BuzzFeed will produce and direct the show, which reimagines the traditional morning television show for the way people consume news today: on Twitter.
36. American Music Awards/Dick Clark Productions: Twitter has been working with Dick Clark Productions to bring premium content around music and entertainment from the US out to the world. From the American Music Awards to New Year’s Eve, Twitter is proud to offer Asia Pacific advertisers the opportunity to leverage DCP’s live streaming events on Twitter.