In this episode, Mediaweek’s James Manning and Kruti Joshi are joined by The Australian CEO Nicholas Gray to talk about media headlines of the week.
In this episode of Seven Days, Mediaweek‘s James Manning and Kruti Joshi are joined by The Australian CEO Nicholas Gray. The trio discuss the media news headlines of the week, which are:
• Big deal day for APN News & Media: the acquisition of Adshel and digital media business Conversant Media
• The Australian is celebrates five years of digital subscriptions
• AT&T acquires Time Warner for US$85b – ramifications for Australian media sector
• News Corp launches digital freemium subscription model across six regional newspapers
• Trudi Jenkins launches The Store by Fairfax bringing new revenue stream to publisher
• New radio home for Classic Rock fans as Pacific Star turns 3MP volume up to 11
• Viacom Labs pioneering first-ever live-stream-to-TV format on new MTV Australia program
• Mamamia to expand into sports, automotive, travel and finance reporting in 2017
• Seven reveals programming schedule for next 18 months – mix of returning hits, live major sport and new drama biographies
• New breakfast show war: Nine’s Today wins most metro weeks, but Seven’s Sunrise still #1?
• Australian Survivor grand final
• Who welcomes back Sexiest People issue
• Alec Baldwin as Donald Trump on Saturday Night Live