Southern Cross Austereo (SCA) has unveiled new branding for its 68 regional radio stations all of which will become part of either the national Hit or Triple M Networks across regional Australia.
SCA Regional Rebrand – Key Stats:
• 43 stations including metro, 40 Hit and 3 Sea.
Selected heritage and coastal stations will remain/change to Sea. This includes Sea FM Gold Coast and Sea FM Central Coast. These stations will still reference on air as being a part of the Hit Network.
• 29 pure Triple M stations, including metro, 34 stations in the Triple M network
Selected heritage stations will change to a transition brand for 12 to 18 months to introduce consumers to the change more softly. This will be for Gold FM Gold Coast, KO FM Newcastle, 4TO FM Townsville, and 2GO FM Central Coast. These stations will also regularly reference on air that they are part of the Triple M Network.
Under the regional rebrand there will be:
• 1 website for Hit network under hit.com.au
• 1 app for Hit Network (Average Daily Unique Browsers for Hit Network 209,007 – Nielsen October 2016)
• 1 website for Triple M under Triplem.com.au (except for the 5 independent brands)
• 1 app for Triple M (Average Daily Unique Browsers for Triple M Network 200,883 – Nielsen October 2016)